email@example.com • Cellular 860-575-3215
In 2013 I completed my goal of graduating with my Bachelors degree in Child Studies and currently in 2016 pursuing my Master’s Degree in Education. I am hoping to find a position where I can use my educational and business backgrounds together. My past work experience includes being employed with the same company long term where I have learned a variety of skills, from marketing, customer service, purchasing and working closely with a production team. I have excellent communication and problem-solving skills; I am dedicated to achieving customer satisfaction as well as meeting or surpassing company and customer expectations. I am also able to focus on projects and meet or exceed deadlines. I have a strong rapport with personnel, customers, and associates based on knowledge, professionalism, and integrity. With my variety of skills I believe I would be a wonderful asset to a classroom.
Tremco Roofing 2015-Present
Northeast Regional Assistant
Assisting Regional Manager and Salesmen with daily tasks including but not limited to email/phone campaigns, customized customer lists, assisting with setting up seminars and other various tasks.
Sika Corporation/ Liquid Plastics Inc, Middletown, CT 2004 to 2012
Purchasing Agent (Company was bought out and the CS position was eliminated was moved to Purchasing Agent position.)
SAP was used to order raw materials for the products Sika manufactured.
- Inventory Management
Customer Service Manager
Managed CS department at a Manufacturing facility in Middletown, CT. Interacted with customers/sales personnel all over US/Canada, processed orders, coordinated shipping of orders. I worked closely with the salesman keeping track of warranty information along with all project information making it easier to keep track and help the sales force use the information as a tool. I have experience with invoicing, issuing return authorizations and processing credits. I was involved with inventory of products and inventory counts. I was also responsible for writing procedures for CS department which included DOT, IATA, IMDG hazmat shipping and ISO9000. I have experience working in the marketing department developing mailings, following up with customers and tradeshows. I also worked with finance developing spreadsheets, reports and collections.
- Proven excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Involved with all aspects of customer service and order entry including solving problems, answering questions, and working with customers to ensure fantastic service.
- Provided superior customer service and work quality while demonstrating attention to detail, flexibility and innovation in resolving problems. Possess effective communications skills, and work well with others at all levels.
Middlesex Community College, Middletown, CT 2001 to 2005
Office Assistant/Student Advisor
Aided students and parents applying for financial aid (FAFSA), created and managed student files, updated monthly and yearly with new information.
- Presented technical material in objective and easily understood terms.
- Positive, success oriented goal achiever. Possess strong communications, and organizational skills.
Northwest Children Center, Cromwell, CT 2001 to 2004
Worked as an afternoon teacher for children ages 2-4 years old.
- Provided supervision 10 children at a time. Met with parents for child daily updates.
Marcus Corporation (Currently LPI), East Haddam, CT 1998 to 2001
Answered phones, filed, created company literature, worked with office equipment, created shipping paperwork for outbound shipments.
- Developed skills to pursue my career in business.
Post University Waterbury, CT 06723 August 2013-Present
Currently completing my Master’s Degree in Education
Bachelors of Science in Child Studies
Member of the Alpha Chi National College Honor Society
Middlesex Community College, Middletown, CT 06457 2005
Associate, General Studies
Received an Associates Degree in General Studies to continue for a Bachelors Degree in Business (also Education)
Nathan Hale Ray High School, East Haddam, CT 06423 2001
- Customer Service- Building and Leading Teams, Leadership/Supervision, Teamwork, Everyday Business Etiquette, Filing, Inventory, Office Equipment, Safety Inspection, Time Management, Well-Developed Listening Skills
- Computers and Software- Adobe Acrobat, Internet Explorer, MS Office programs, Sage, Liason, SAP
- Experience working with children ages infant to school age.
- Can develop lesson plans following CT requirements and experienced being in a classroom of pre k students.
- Photography Maternity, infant, landscape, real estate